So, how can I see one of you - use your computer as a presentation device? I don’t have Windows 8 Metro.
I was thinking I’d have to pay for a “web conferencing” service to arrange this.
I don’t advise slow pace..
Bron,
You raise a good point that video conferencing like
with skype is not the whole story. There is a need
to be able to share a screen, or a window. I have
tried just pointing my webcam at something, but
it never shows up well. A direct window/screen
capture and share would be much better. The old
way has been to prepare and share a document,
that's not very spontaneous.
Windows 8 does not solve any of this. I just copied
you on my email to Jarvis about how to use it well,
which is different from windows 7 and windows XP.
I don't think it should be necessary to pay for a web
conferencing solution. That's where I was going with
some of the free google/youtube stuff. I see how the
google people use that themselves, but I've never tried
to initiate such a session myself.
I guess the reason that Jarvis and I have never come
up with a solution for this is that it's just too easy
for us to get together face-to-face.

When you are in a skype video call, you can
select the menu item: call>share screen
which sends your screen rather than your
webcam video. Jarvis and I just tried this.
This does the whole screen, so if you just
want a window, you can maximize that window.
No comments:
Post a Comment