Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Bron - The Record - 3/19/12


Kim, Joe, Sally & I had an interesting conversation about a year ago.
It was about “what to do with old email”.
Kim and I both have a practice.. that is not even a goal of either Joe or Sally.
We don’t keep email.

We both think that when - whatever intended or immediate process thought or thing – happens - with the email
That the email then expires and should not clog the thought or email box any more.
We both basically think that the record shouldn’t reach back.
Says a lot!

To clarify, I like the record in general.  All CRM business.. is establishing a “the record” for every single client and prospect.  I believe in the record.
Facebook is the record.. and I love the timeline format for that reason.
But to turn email into the record.. I do not see this becoming a practice.  I work hard to avoid this becoming the practice for me.  Email is something else (to me).
I create all these long emails.. but what do I think my recipients should do with them?  Think about them, maybe take an action or not, then.. delete.



No comments:

Post a Comment