Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Bron - Sharing Calendars - 3/11/12

MMBM

If someone had access to my current calendar – it would not help them – because - I don’t have my stuff in there.  It can be tedious to track/maintain.
If I did happen to maintain the practice of a perfectly updated calendar, there could be privacy issues around what is shared.
Those two points notwithstanding, I’m convinced of the need to visually place targets to future dates, with cross-vision.
I think our scheduling, production, output, deadlines – suffer - if we are not linked to a type of calendar access.

In my note I mentioned “Calendar Profiles”.
This would conceptually allow a person to share some things, while keeping other things otherwise unshared.
The basic things I’d like to both share and access, are things like holiday travel, blacked-out rolling appointments, basic life-events, or goals that involve me.
What I have not done yet, is figure out how to establish multiple “scheduling overlays” in which I could selectively share parts of my own calendar.

Overlay 1 – shared - CRM business
Overlay 2 – notshared - Personal time for decision and thought
Overlay 3 – shared - Charity and Service (Coaching, CERT)
Overlay 4 – shared - Athletic, health and fitness (League, Class, Gym)
Overlay 5 – shared - Language (desire to learn Spanish, Sign, Piano)
Overlay 6 – notshared - Recreational reading
Overlay 7 – notshared - Targeted study
Overlay 8 – notshared - CRM certification
Overlay 9 – notshared - Asset based action – development of Writing
Overlay 10 – shared - Development of Starcraft2 revenue stream
Overlay 11 – shared - Brody, Family, Holidays
Overlay 12 – shared - Bucket List

Perhaps accessing my calendar is more important than me accessing other calendars, I couldn’t say.
I just feel that doing more with a calendar will be key for me to make headway on my own different goals.
While that is happening, others will need my calendar to effectively liaise with me, more so than in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment