I attach a tar file that can run what I have. It has and uses all the graphics, but you drive them by playing my tic-tac-toe game, which has the board obscured by new graphics. The playing board still has nine game-boards, and you move from one to the next at the end of each game. Soon it will be changed to use the whole screen. When you lift up the touch device, the I'm done button is still required (soon to be removed) Win, lose, and draw counting is intact from tic-tac-toe. Level 2 has an activity/view module from the API sample. It will go away soon. See if I have enough to tickle your imagination. I replayed a youtube video I watched I think these principles also apply to project management. We've all known for a long time how important it is to figure out what to do before you jump in to start doing it, but it needs to be remembered. That is an SDLC Waterfall belief. The point of Agile is to start much earlier. The numbers at the left are time points within the video. I found it useful to go back to review the ideas more than once. How to build an iPhone app that doesn’t suck in 10 easy steps Steve Marmon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENyzcXRPeeI key points: talk to users Lots of people, somewhere in a discussion of apps. explore many designs Thanks for the book. iterate based on user feedback 03:12 step 1 Decide what to build. Don’t start with the solution Too bad. I habitually do this game in a new programming environment. What is the need/problem. Fun to play. Exercise to learn graphics, pointing device, Java libraries. Who is the user? Casual games for the non-enthusiast. What does the user need? Something to show someone else. 07:16 principle 1 Know your users. See above. 07:54 step 2 Visit the app store. Look for similar apps. about 84 on the App Store see how they work Many are multi-user. That may be an extension of the current design. look for missing features or other deficiences Good artists copy, great artists steal - Pablo Picasso I stole from my own drawing. 12:33 principle 2 Don’t build your app in a bubble. 12:34 step 3 Explore possible solutions. Address constraints. small screen less precise touch input typing is difficult usage is in short bursts Consider alternate controls. multitouch accelerometer gps 17:02 principle 3 Be minimal. 17:06 step 4 Sketch the user interface. Sketch many designs. Review designs (focus groups) 21:18 principle 4 Quality through quantity. 23:20 step 5 Build a paper prototype. Draw each screen. Go through scenarios on paper. Try “using” the app before writing any code. see: http://home.pacbell.net/ishtar/Game1 26:45 principle 5 Fail early to succeed sooner. 26:58 step 6 Fire up Omnigraffle. (drawing tool) 31:00 principle 6 Be pixel perfect. 31:03 step 7 Do it all again. The cost of making changes grows rapidly as you progress from design to code. Get the design as settled as possible before writing the code 32:21 principle 7 Remember that nothing is precious. 35:09 step 8 OK, you can finally code. 36:59 principle 8 Proceed top down, design UI, do back end data last. 37:00 step 9 Beta test your app. 42:04 principle 9 Test before you submit. 42:42 step 10 Release.
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Jarvis notes on Keith's Video Notes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment